One of the best tips for the perfect vacation photo is to research where you are going to take the shot. Always talk to the locals to ask if there are any cool spots for photos that are off the beaten path (if searching online, CityData Forums or Reddit city pages are a great place to start). Use Google Earth to research the location to find the best place for the picture. And make sure you note any significant markers or attractions you don't want to miss.
Use your wide angle lens. Let's back up for a minute: invest in a good camera. While phones today can produce a really quality image, if you are traveling in nature there will likely be many breathtaking scenic shots to choose from. While a phone can capture what's around you, a good camera with a wide-angle lens will give you as much of the landscape as possible.
Always be on the lookout for wildlife. Again this is something the locals will help you with. Many photos will be able to tell you what kind of wildlife to expect and where to go to have the best views. Use a zoom lens to take pictures of creatures that may be likely to run away if you are too close to them. And always use extreme caution with dangerous animals. Keep a distance and use the zoom rather than risking potential conflict!
You should also include the family as much as possible. If you have kids, don't try to pose them. Staged photos often don't turn out how you like (we all know how unpredictable kids can be). Instead wait for candid shots that look more natural, like the kids laughing and playing at the beach. Capturing the kids in the moment will give you lots of happy memories to reflect on, rather than staged shots when the kids aren't in the mood.
Don't forget to include yourself in some pictures! Don't hesitate to pass the camera around so that everyone has a chance to include themselves in a picture. Sharing the camera with your friends or family is also a great way to get more variety of images. Give everyone a chance to take a picture of something that is memorable to them and you'll find many pictures of things you may not have thought about capturing on your own.
Don't forget to use your best vacation photos to create a photo blanket! A photo blanket is a great way to remember your vacation. You can even use it for a picnic on your next big adventure. Whether you want to pick your very best photo or use a collage of your favorite vacation pics, our experts will create an elegant and lasting photo blanket for you!
1. A picnic in a scenic location. It seems like all the great date ideas happen in the summer. But you can have a romantic date outside in the fall once the leaves start to change by finding a scenic location and pack a picnic. A road trip to the mountains is great, but not necessary. Even your local park is fine if it has enough fall foliage to enjoy.
2. Camping. You'll probably need a few photo blankets as the temperatures drop, but in most places camping is still a fun option. There are fewer insects to worry about, and camping can be a great break from the hustle and bustle of city life, especially for families during the school year. Don't forget to pack ingredients for s'mores and lots of hot coco that you can make over an open fire!
3. Fun fall drive. Find some country roads with a lot of trees and wind down the highway enjoying the sights of the season. You can always pull over and take some photos, go for a hike, or just sit back and enjoy the ride. Make a weekend of it (if you have to travel outside your state to see fall colors) by finding a bed and breakfast and a farm that offers apple picking.
4. Hayrides. Hayrides are another good date option, but also fun if you have a family! Your kids will have a blast riding in the countryside. The closer to Halloween you'll find scary-themed hayrides that you can take the older kids on.
5. Bonfires. A great fall activity for teens looking for something to do with their friends on the weekend. But bonfires are perfect for adults too, especially after a cookout or a fall Saturday at the game. Bonfires are one of the best ways to reconnect with friends and family and share stories (maybe even the stories that are on your photo blanket!).
6. A relaxing night with the windows opened. Who says you need to take your photo blankets outside to enjoy the fall? Open the windows and let a little fresh air inside the home and curl up with your favorite photo blanket. Enjoy a movie with the lights out, baseball playoffs, or just read and relax. The Memories Place can create the perfect photo blanket to help you enjoy your favorite fall activity. ABOUT AUTHOR
The author of this article is working as an affiliate marketer for The Memories Place. The Memories Place is the premier provider of woven photo blankets, photo throws, collage photo blankets, and other prized, personalized items that make for completely unique and priceless gifts.